Rowing at Star
Star caters for all ages and levels of rower:
- Adult membership ranging from novice to masters.
- At School level - Wellington College, Wellington East Girls' College, Wellington Girls' College, Wellington High School, Queen Margaret College, Rongotai College, and Scots College are based with the club.
- At Tertiary level - Massey University Wellington is currently based with the club. (we also have some Victoria University students also row at Star)
If you're new to rowing we run Learn to Row programmes throughout the year (except Jan-Feb) for complete beginners. They are an easy, fun introduction to rowing where you'll learn the basics and increase your fitness with other new rowers.
If you're returning to rowing or looking for a new club Star crews compete at many local and regional regattas and at a national level at the following regattas:
- NZ National Rowing Championship
- NZ Secondary Schools Rowing Championship (Maadi Cup)
- NZ Universities Rowing Championship
- NZ Masters Rowing Championship
Owing to the glorious Wellington wind we can't always get on the water so we do lots of indoor and land based training too. As well as being good for fitness and strength we also focus on rowing fundamentals. The club has an abundance of Concept 2 Static and Dynamic rowing machines. The club also has a set of sliders for the rowing machines to more closely mimic an actual boat.