posted 19 Sep 2015, 14:22 by Emily Liddell
updated 22 Sep 2015, 04:34
Star opened the season with a get-together at the Boatshed on Sunday 20 September and to celebrate the re-opening of the club. It is looking great!
The get-together involved a safety briefing, awards and a BBQ.Attendance at this club get-together is compulsory for all those who are planning to row for Star Boating Club this year.
Congratulations to all the winners, and a warm welcome to all the novices this year.
2014-2015 season award winners
- Most Promising Female Novice, Macy Toovey
- Most Promising Male Novice, Ricky Kiddle
- Most Outstanding Male School Rower and Aggregate points at regattas, Tom Cummack
- Most Improved Oarsperson, Harry Beasley
- Best Performed Sweep Oarsperson, Bella Cordwell
- Coxswains Trophy, Liam Stevens
- Secondary Schools Crew of the Year, Wellington College U16 Quad
- Club Crew of the Year, Women's Club Crew
- Coach of the Year, Max
- Most Helpful Club Member, Steve Manners
- Rower of the year, Ruby Tew making the RNZ woman’s (8+) & Jackie Kiddle and WC gold she got in WL2x
- Supporter of the year, Karen Shaw
- Masters rower of the year, Amy Barbara